Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Mound of Moss

     I stop by his store.  I tell him that I am bleeding, I thought he would want to know. "Oh good" he tells me as he reaches out to hug me.  The response my body knew it was going to get.
He loves me enough to give me a handful of moss "you need some life.  Put it in a dish with some water in it and it will grow all winter into a mound of moss." I haven't told him that moss is one of my favorite things.

     I'm bleeding today, I sit on the toilet, with the cramping also comes  gratitude, savoring this moment, knowing that it won't be like this all of my life.  One day I won't bleed any more.  Something else will happen.  My body will go through some other type of shedding, protection and cultivation.

    There are many stories to be told, many photos to be shared.  Not today though.  I will wrap myself in white blanket and remember, my  body is tired, uncomfortable, sore and I am content, tired, loved.  I'm very very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment