Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Favorite Shinning Star

   I moved a lot this spring (for two months straight as a matter of fact)  and as a result I had a legal box and more full of unattended mail and receipts and anything that was near the desk.  I've been pecking at the pile every now and then.  It's strange to come across receipts from dinner and excursions with the man that is no longer apart of my life any more.  I've made a conscious choice to think about the present and not the past, so to have all these receipts coming up was interesting.  I wasn't sad, maybe a tad, instead they were like flashbacks into a life that no longer is mine.  I'm fine with that, even though it makes me a tad sad, a tad mind you!

     Amongst the to do's, receipts, unopened mail, business cards, unsent holiday cards, unset postcards,  boarding passes, and what not I found,this gem.  I don't remember ever writing it.  It could've been 5 years ago.  The stationary it's written on is quite old.  I wonder who the girl is that wrote this, besides of course me.




     After day dreaming while it took forever to process photos, I remembered! Victory is mine! It was a note that I wrote to myself when I was participating in National Novel Writing Month.  I thought that these actions would help my protagonist grow and would make for interesting writing.  I like how it can apply to real life now. If your holding onto something, what would it look like if you let go? How would your life be different if you just kept going.

No comments:

Post a Comment