Thursday, October 30, 2014

Now That's What I Call Progress

Aloha! I can close my left eye, I can move the left side of my face! This is very exciting!

     I'll admit that for a day or two there things were feeling kind of dark.   I had to allow space for those feelings to exist so that I could then focus on my knowledge that despite what the forums had to say, I was going to heal. Despite that there had been no visible sign of healing, I was healing.    I would look in the mirror every day for some slight chance of movement on the left side of my face.  Nothing. A week later I did some more research, I scheduled some acupuncture improvements and my healing drastically sped up. I really believe that the drugs may have helped, however the true healing happened through acupuncture, rest, faith, positive attitude, support from my friends and family, and surrendering to the moment, even if, especially if that meant I had to shed some tears.

                                                   Here's where I was







Look at me Now







 I can tell how my face isn't quite the same yet, I still sometimes drool when I drink water, and my eye has to work extra to stay shut.  This though, is progress and I am grateful!

 I am still tired and steroids are kicking my ass. So I am using this time to be quiet and calm.  Think about what I want to add to my life and what no longer serves me a good purpose.  I look forward to recovering and with all the work I have been doing coming out stronger, wiser, more compassionate, gracious, fearless and kinder.

Thank you so much for your warm wishes and your love.
Places hands together and bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment