Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Surrealist's Mind

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite people! The one and only CrowMeat! I called him early this morning to make all strange noises into the phone.  My rendition of happy birthday was a combination of howling dog, squabbling turkey, and yowling cat.  It was operatic as well.  I made sure I torture him good and plenty for his birthday :)  I'm really lucky though to have him as a friend. I can call him whenever I want, he makes me laugh when my heart hurts, he is kind, creative, inspiring and bad to the bone, he's my pappi and one of my very best friends.  This morning as he rambled on one of his genius verbal tangents.  He asked me "Don't you know that god came down and killed all the cats on the island. You know that's a good story, I am not going to write about it but you can. You won't though because you will sit and worry too much about why the cats haven't delivered your enima equipment.  Ooooh that's a good story! Cats parachuting out of a plane delivering enima equipment." Really this man is a true poet.  He has the mind of a surrealist.  Talking to him is like traveling to another world sometimes.  One where things are strange and the only things that happen are ones that you could never imagine happening, but he can.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a trip to the island where he lives and got to decompress for a couple of days.  I went out as well.  Him, myself, my cousin and her sweetie all sat by the fire to celebrate solstice.  Lately there has been a real interest in Tarot happening with the gaggle of friends.  I myself have started doing daily readings.  Anyways, we were busy collecting sticks or breaking the branches off of sticks so that we could roast dogs and marshmallows.  CrowMeat had found some sticks and said "I'm the seven (not quite sure if it was seven, could've been another number) of wands" and repeated it several time.  And I snapped some pictures.  I thought he would like seeing these for his Birthday so here, they are.


Happy Birthday CrowMeat! 






No comments:

Post a Comment