Saturday, November 9, 2013

Take Me To The Ocean


          I am hesitant to write this.  It seems that there are a countless other amount of posts that chronologically fit before this one.  Many stories and photos that lead up to this very moment.  I want it to make sense.  For there to be some order.  Somewhere.  Yet, lately I have been feeling exhausted, depleted, sad and despondent. My mornings have been filled with to do's and my evenings have been occupied by me passing out or zoning out to whatever noise I hear in the background coming from the ocean, from the tv. It hasn't been all work,  I've made enough time to take many photos, appreciate the flowers and remember many stories. 
           I traveled to Kauai to throw the mixed ashes of my grandma and grandpa in the ocean.  With to do's from my mothers death and family obligations and arrangements for my grandparents final memorial,  I have been feeling like a fragmented form of myself.  Self care had gone out the window.  That being the case it took me some time to remember that a swim in the ocean can solve almost any problem.  At least for me.  Its a recharge.  I have always said "Take your problems to the ocean and she will take it away." I had made no time for swimming for three days and the result of that was a shell of myself.  So like most self care acts, I made the time to go swimming.  I left the rest of the world behind and dived in.


































When I came to on the other side. Walked on land and found a long lost friend.










5 comments:

  1. I love these mermaid images of you! And how I do understand the desire to put it all in some sort of order, but just getting it out in the world is what matters. Blurts and spurts become puzzle pieces that begin to form a bigger picture. Little glimpses through the peepholes of one world to another. And how true that Mother Ocean washes all the residue away, filling us again with fresh energy. I had been feeling pretty run down last week, and how quickly that changed when I finally got my arse in the ocean! You have always reminded me of how important that is. Just reading this post feel like dipping my toes in the sea foam. xoxox bzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to steal that cat! She was totally takable as well. She was working it as ever. If she were a man at a club she would be getting all the ladies phone numbers. I think John is rather happy that we ran out of time to go to the human society and get a kitty. Meow!

      Delete
    2. ooh, and thanks for saying you liked the images and thought they were mermaid. Took some nerves to put them up there as they do have a sense of darkness to them. Jaina Bee what will I ever do if people think I am weird! It's art though :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! So eloquently your wrote the puzzle pieces and peep holes! I lapsed on my swimming for three days, got in the ocean and felt like a totally recharged new woman. Its amazing. There must be something crazy going on with those ions. I said, I am going swimming every single day in that ocean until the day I leave. Then came the rain, the flash flood watches, and the blue ocean turned brown. And you bet I wasn't going swimming in her. It felt rather funny. Just as I had made some declaration to nature, I was abruptly reminded of how quickly things can turns and plans can become obsolete. I have a big bag of some sea salt that I shall put in the bath when I get home. It's just not the same as the ocean. We are blessed. Glad you got your camera. I kept on telling everyone. It's in the rental car. YAY! pictures and camera. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late, lady, we all know you're weird! ;) Anyway, it's not for us to judge our gifts to the world, we are here simply to offer them with love.

    ReplyDelete